Sunday 24 June 2012

Weekly Photo Challenge - Bodycare Edition

This week's photo meme started by Yumeko is about bodycare so here goes!

1. Body Wash

I'm close to finishing Philosophy Tinsel Town, which was a holiday release, and moving on to their Bubbly next. A couple of times a week, I use either Lush Rub Rub Rub or Sana Esteny Salt Wash. The blue crystals of Rub Rub Rub always reminds me of Icee (like 7-Eleven Slurpee) from my childhood.

Esteny Salt Wash is a charcoal and salt scrub that gives invigorating exfoliating action. I found this last year at Sasa in Singapore for $20.90. It retails in Japan for 1050yen for 250g.

2. Skin Moisturizer

Even in the summer, the skin on my legs still get very dry, so I've been using the Body Shop Spa Wisdom Morocco Argan Oil & Orange Blossom Body Souffle, L'Occitane Delice des Fleurs Rose & Violette Body Milk and Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Body Cream. These absorb quickly without making my skin feel greasy.

3. Hair treatment / Conditioner

For my dry, colored hair, I recently started using L'Oreal EverPure Shampoo and Vichy Dercos Mineral Soft shampoo. EverPure lathers up surprisingly well, despite being sulfate-free and leaves my hair tangle-free. For taming the frizz and flyaways, I've been relying on Percy & Reed Finishing Polish and L'Oreal Elseve Liss-Intense Serum.

4. Perfume

Recently, I've been rotating through Jo Malone Plum Blossom, Jo Loves Pomelo, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess and Taylor Swift Wonderstruck. Pomelo is my favourite of the lot, for its sparkling freshness. Plum Blossom is a gentle sweet floral that does not last that long on me. Bronze Goddess has a relaxing beach vacation vibe.

Recently released in Singapore at Sephora, Wonderstruck is a gift from a very kind friend. It has very sweet notes of raspberry and peach. The antique charms are a nice whimsical touch. At least the bottle looks like an original design, unlike the shameless ripoff by Justin Bieber's Someday (of Marc Jacobs Lola) and Selena Gomez's eponymous fragrance (of the lips from the Guerlain Rouge Automatic ad).

5. Other body care items you use

It's not as sweltering here as Singapore yet but buildings in Switzerland are usually not equipped with air conditioners, so you can imagine how stuffy it gets. I'm trying to be more diligent in applying sunblock with the Biotherm Lait Solaire SPF50 but like most sunscreen lotions, it makes my skin feel slightly greasy. To help cool down, I've been relying on L'Occitane's new Angelica Hydration face mist and Paul & Joe Shimmering Body Lotion G.

If you would like to join in the fun, just leave a comment on Yumeko's post and here with a link to your blog post, and I'll be sure to check it out!

6 comments:

Yumeko said...

omg the taylor swift bottle is so pretty!

the esteny salt wash looks interesting but with my ecezema i am too scared to try

thanks for sharing all the hair items u use, i am always interested in new things for colored hair!!

thanks for joining in again this week! this week's theme is a bit boring but i promise next week is going to be a little fun :D

shopaholic said...

hi Iris

I've been wanting to try Philosophy bath products, maybe someday I will.

My love for Percy & Reed has grown since I've started using the TLC Hydrating Mask.

here's the link to my post of Yumeko's memo on body care:

http://dearshopaholic.blogspot.sg/2012/06/yumekos-weekly-photo-challenge-5-body.html

cheers
Pris

Haru said...

hi Pris,
I love Philosophy's shower gels as they always release new delightful scents. They also ship internationally for a flat rate of $40, so it's a pretty good deal if you can spree with friends, or order during a sale. It is also available now at Sephora in Singapore but they do not carry the full range. The Percy & Reed shampoo and conditioner didn't really knock my socks off but the Finishing Polish is quite handy for taming my fringe. I haven't tried the mask yet but will do so soon!

hey Yumeko,
I don't use the Esteny salt wash on my shins where the skin is especially sensitive as I get very bad ingrowns. But it's excellent for the rest of my body, especially if I've been exercising and sweating. Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for next week! :)

shopaholic said...

hiya!

I'm lazy to spree these days, instead of leading, I'd rather join one, hehehe. may pick up one to try from Sephora :)

ooh, so I guess I can skip P&R's shampoo & conditioner. but yeah, u should try the TLC mask.

cheers!

~raspy~ said...

The Vichy shampoo looks interesting! Is it any good? Don't think I saw it at the drugstore.. Or maybe it because I didn't look at the shelves properly.

Here's my link to Yumeko's Photo Challenge. http://chocospray.blogspot.sg/2012/06/weekly-photo-meme-body-care-edition.html#links

:)
Raspy

Haru said...

Hey raspy,
I've only used the Vichy shampoo once so haven't quite made up my mind about it. It doesn't lather up as easily as the L'Oreal Everpure but it doesn't seem to strip my hair or leave it tangled. I'm doubt that it is available in Singapore.