Sunday 24 June 2012

Nails Inc Picadilly Arcade Nail Jewellery

Nails Inc Picadilly Arcade is one of four new shades introduced this spring as part of the Nail Jewellery Line, which contain hand cut glitter that dazzle like precious stones.

The formula runs slightly thick but it lays down the glitter particles more generously than other glitter nail polishes that I've tried. With just one coat, my nails were covered in a sparkling dense mesh of glitter, although there were a couple of spots that required touch-ups.


I applied one coat of Addiction Jewel Beetle before applying Picadilly Arcade, and topping off with Dior Top Coat. The glitter is a mix of hexagonal pieces and smaller round pieces. They do feel gritty to touch so I added another two coats of Canmake Gel Volume Top Coat for a smoother finish.

The vibrant emerald is full of sparkly goodness, like a blinged-up version of China Glaze Emerald Sparkle on steroids. I expect that it will be a pain to remove but until then, I'm enjoying its lively gem-like shininess.



Picadilly Arcade is available for £11 on Beautybay.com (which ships internationally for free from the UK) and for US$9.50 on Sephora.com in the US. Despite being a British brand, the retail price in the UK is bizarrely almost twice that in the US.

9 comments:

Memoiselle said...

this is sooo pretty!Lately I have been falling in love with NailsInc, and I want their sprinkles polish so badd :)

Leticia - Cosmetics Aficionado said...

Ooo pretty! It would be perfect for Saint Patrick's Day

Yumeko said...

wow i loooove it
i rarely buy nail polish now but hey it would be fab on toes!!!

makeupmag said...

Blingtastic! Would be perfect for St Patrick's Day! ;)

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

wow, those are some SERIOUS glittery nails! Love it! I definitely need to get my hands on some Nails Inc. polishes

Anonymous said...

Hi, read some posts where you've used benefit's erase paste, may I know is it good in terms of coverage, lasting, etc. please advise me. Thanks!!

Kas said...

This is soooooo pretty!!!! Really like the Addiction polish and the Nails Inc just made it even better!

Haru said...

hi,
The Benefit Erase Paste has good coverage but it did not last that well through the day for me as it tends to crease when I use it on my under eye dark circles. But that's a problem that I've encountered with pretty much every concealer.

hi Kas,
The shade is so much more vibrant in real life, can be quite distracting!

sweetcloud said...

I love glitter polishes, despite the pain the remove them. I lol'ed at the hand cut glitter part, somehow I imagined them mincing the glitter the way my mom minces herbs for the soup haha.