Sunday 29 April 2012

Sentimental Circus haul from Modes4U

My first order from Modes4u.com arrived about two weeks from Hong Kong after I placed the order. I was delighted to discover this e-tailer which stocks Japanese character goods, stationery, fabrics and accessories, including my favourite Sentimental Circus.

This plush Leo was the main reason for placing the order. Modes4u's prices are quite reasonable for the most part. They are a bit higher than Japan naturally, but Modes4U offers free shipping for orders above 60€ / US$78 / £54. My order was sent by registered airmail in a string and button envelope that was not strangely not sealed with any tape or glue but just closed with the string looped around the paper buttons. My order did not qualify for free shipping but postage was just €4.10.

The Sentimental Circus stickers are €2.90 each for a pack of 60 (with 12 designs), versus 231yen in Japan.



I also picked up a roll of washi (traditional Japanese paper) tape. The Hello Kitty tape is a freebie that was included in my order.


Berry Puppy band aids.

If you're looking for Japanese stationery and character goods, Modes4U is definitely worth checking out. I miss having access to Kinokuniya and NBC in Singapore, so this is the next best thing!

4 comments:

LauraLeia said...

That plushie Leo is just too adorable! <3 I don't think Sentimental Circus is available in Malaysia, hence not much hype about it here. >_<

Cath said...

What's NBC??

Haru said...

hi Cath,
NBC is a stationery store in Singapore with stores in Raffles City and Ngee Ann City. They carry a wide range of Japanese character stationery.

Anonymous said...

my adambeauty HK order also came in an unglued string-and-loop envelope! gave me minor heart attack when I first saw it but everything was intact and undamaged. - milktea