Sunday 9 May 2010

Tokidoki Cromatico Palette in Diamante

When I first heard that Tokidoki was producing a makeup line that would be exclusive to Sephora, I was very excited as I've been collecting Tokidoki bags for about 4 years now, since the first Tokidoki collection for LeSportSac. During my trip to Honolulu in April, I picked up the Cromatico Palette in Diamante (US$25).

The shades are Diamante (opalescent pink with iridescent glitter), Rubino (purplish grey), Romeo (rich plum pearl) and Nancy Rocks (lavender pearl). Diamante, Romeo and Nancy Rocks are separately available as single eyeshadows that cost US$15, so the palette is actually more worthwhile if you like two or more of the shades in the palette. While Rubino, Romeo and Nancy Rocks impressed me with their silky texture and excellent colour payoff, Diamante was just a mess of glitter, much like Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy.

The cover illustration is adorable but I find the plastic cube to be too clunky, especially if you want to bring it with you on the go for touch-ups or for travel. The sharp edges are another drawback. While the charm accessory is cute, I think it would have been better to do away with the lower compartment for a sleeker case.

You can read more reviews of the Diamante palette on Sephora.com. The palette is made in the USA (always a plus in my book).

For this look, I used Diamante on the browbone area, Rubino in the crease, Romeo from the middle of the lid to the outer corner and Nancy Rocks in the inner corner to the middle of the upper eyelid and along the lower lashline. I liked the metallic glint of Romeo and Nancy Rocks.

I also used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero along the upper lashline and Maybelline Pulse Perfection Waterproof Mascara.

Have a great week ahead, everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you reuse the diamante shade?
I had quite some trouble myself using it since the glitter pieces are somehow big and tend to spread all over the place. I had it all over the other shades and it also spread on my face :/
It really is very messy

Haru said...

hey Puranki,
To be honest, I won't use the Diamante shade again because the glitter is just too messy for me, plus it's not work-friendly! That's the same reason why I never use my Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy. I ended up using the sticky side of a Post-it to lift off the glitter bits as I didn't want them falling all over my cheeks. But the other three shades in the palette have no glitter, thankfully, and I do love the texture of those three.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, the palatte has no lemming for me despite it looking cute. However, i think it looks better on you than it does in the pan. I especially like the bottom left dark plum/burgundy color (Romeo?). It reminds me of Makeup Store's Diva Microshadow. Definately a classic!

Anonymous said...

I like the diamante cover!

makeupmag said...

What a sophisticated look on you. I really like it. :)

. : * justine * : . said...

I LOVE your EOTD, but I'm glad I didn't pick this up - I feel like I have very similar colours already in my collection and the palette looks super bulky - even though the design on the lid is cute!

watercoloursky said...

I was so into this collection until I saw the products in person. Don't like the bulkiness of the palette, like you said. They should've done some of the palettes without glitter instead of having 1-2 glitter shades in every palette. Definite lemming killer!

MatryoshkaDoll said...

The packaging on all the tokidoki makeup was awesome, but I honestly hated all the makeup. The glosses in particular were terrible.