Thursday 20 May 2010

Majolica Majorca Blooming Dreamer

The new Majolica Majorca summer makeup collection, Chapter 27: Blooming Dreamer has just been released at the Watsons in Ngee Ann City. After spotting the ad in Straits Times today, I stopped by the store to play with the collection, which I had been eagerly anticipating.

I love the gorgeous ad visuals for this collection. MM often has quirky ad visuals but this is straight up sweet and kawaii :-) The two eyeshadow palettes are S$25.90 while the eyeliners are S$19.90. The purple mascara is around S$25. Watsons is currently offering 20% discount on MM but the discount excludes the new collection. If you are a Watsons member, you can get 20 bonus points with purchase of any item from the new collection. There is currently also a value set comprising Lash Bone Black Fibre In and Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On (black) and a sample of a ZA eye makeup remover for around S$37.

The Ngee Ann City store is giving away a makeup pouch (in either pink or purple) with any purchase of S$50 of MM products including an eyeshadow. The SA also showed me a green satin eye mask that they had as a GWP for purchase of S$30.

Event details for Tampines Mall.

Here's what I came home with.

I already have a black version of this pouch from the MM Chapter 26 workshop that I attended in February.


For me, the star product is the Blooming Dream Eyes #2 which is a lovely palette of soft shimmery lilac and icy pink. For a more blingbling effect, you can use the eye gloss which contains holographic glitter.


Of the two palettes, I think #2 is much more wearable compared to the #1 pink palette because of the bright pink shade in the latter.

Here are swatches of the Perfect Automatic Liner #35 and VI606 as well as the Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On VI606. The Perfect Automatic Liner #35 is perfect for lining the lower lashline and illuminating the inner corners. It makes a nice contrast against the deep metallic purple of VI606.

My buddy, Kathi, has also reviewed the collection in detail on her blog, Lotus Palace. Do check it out!

5 comments:

. : * justine * : . said...

I love that display ad - so sweet! I doubt I'll pick up either of these palettes, but if I had the option of the GwP I'd probably get the bright pink palette... and the bright pink bag. Haha. The eyeliner colour looks gorgeous but I don't like the dispensing mechanism of their liquid liners, and I rarely wear anything other than black or brown XD;

Haru said...

hi Justine,
Yeah, the liquid liners tend to dispense a bit too much with each click, so they are not as user friendly as the Heroine Make Smooth Liquid Liner which never drips out. I wish they could have done a palette of all powder eyeshadows instead of having the cream and gloss. Then they could have throw in some deeper shades for a truly lovely combination.

Anonymous said...

the eyeliners look surprisingly pigmented. i have not been impressed by MM as it is usually too sheer for me. but the liner swatches look stand out on your hand.

Kathi said...

Hey, you got the new collection =D The makeup pouch is really cute, too!
Can´t wait to see your EOTD/FOTD with the goodies!

Anonymous said...

wow that's amazing. I wish there was a watsons here too...