Monday 24 May 2010

FOTD with Bobbi Brown Pink Oyster Shimmer Brick

Tried out my new Bobbi Brown Pink Oyster Shimmer Brick today as a cheek highlighter as well as eyeshadow. Before putting on any makeup, I prepped my skin first with Dior Hydra Life Youth Essential Hydrating Essence-in-Gel and Elizabeth Arden Prevage Eye Anti-aging Moisturising Treatment.

After applying Testimo Eye Bright Up base, I used the light beige (in the centre of the compact) to highlight the browbone area and the icy baby pink along the lower lashline and inner corners. Then I used a sponge tip applicator to apply the pale rosy pink (2nd strip from bottom) from the inner corners to the middle of the lid and the light brown shade from the middle of the lid to the outer corners.

Then I finished off with Maybelline Eye Studio Creamy Gel Eyeliner S09 and Pulse Perfection Waterproof mascara.

As the Pink Oyster Shimmer Brick is more of a highlighter than a blush, I used Becca Beach Tint in Watermelon to add some colour to my cheeks before sweeping the Pink Oyster Shimmer Brick on top. This week, I will also be test driving the new Maquillage Lasting Powdery UV EX foundation in Pink Ochre 10. I applied the foundation with the large Arden Face Powder Brush.

Overall, I quite liked the Pink Oyster Shimmer Brick as I can use it both as eyeshadow and a cheek highlighter. However, if you prefer a more pigmented shimmery blush, then I would recommend either Nectar or Rose Shimmer Brick instead as Pink Oyster adds more shimmer than colour when swirled and applied to the cheeks. I love how the Shimmer Brick glimmers on my cheeks under sunlight! Do be careful to use a light hand when applying to the cheeks otherwise the finish can be overly frosty.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer you with the stick foundation. You look a bit pinker than usual with this shade?

Connie De Alwis said...

the color looks great on you! i don't like shimmerbricks in general because they're quite shimmery for my liking. The name's really cute though :)

Haru said...

hi,
It's more to do with my camera, I think, as in person, the foundation did not look that pink but rather more neutral. For some reason, all the photos I took this morning turned out with a pinkish tone, maybe due to the light this morning.

p chan said...

i'm so tempted to buy the BB shimmerbrick! D: Have you ever tried The Bodyshop's Shimmer wave? How do they compare? TIA~

Haru said...

hi p chan,
I haven't tried the Body Shop's Shimmer wave though I have heard some positive things about it. I already have too many Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks and MAC MSFs so I try not to get attracted by other brands' highlighters!

momiji (maple) said...

OOoooo i love this fotd. very pretty. im liking the pink oyster might have to pick me up one.

fuzkittie said...

Gorgeous on your eyes!! Very glowy~

Anonymous said...

becca beach tint is my favourite. you look so pretty today, your eye makeup is so bright and fresh!! and the last photo is really adorable. please smile more often in your photos!!!!

Haru said...

Hi,
Thank you for the kind comments! Will try to smile more, the problem is that when I smile, I tend to get bags under my eyes which I hate! And my cheeks look even rounder...haha

NiNi said...

Awwww..Mei Mei Mei :)

I agreed with our neighbor above, you look cute when smile :)

A sweet, sultry and cheeky smile will make you sexier hehe

This time round, you are using Maquillage Lasting Powdery UV EX foundation, how do you compare it with the Maquillage stick foundation in terms of staying power and texture?

Haru said...

Hi,
I'm still testing out the Maquillage powder foundation but so far, I think it is not as good as the Lasting Stick foundation in terms of the ability to conceal pores and also the finish. The lasting power is about the same.

roseannetangrs.com said...

I never thought to use it on the eyes but reckon it would be a great highlighter, looks great on you hun. I recently did a review on the Rose shimmer brick http://roseannebeauty.onsugar.com/search/bobbi+brown+shimmer+brick :) might be another one you want to add to your stash!